This is one of the best tasting salads, ever! The sweetness and saltiness just compliment each other sooo well!
Next time, I will try baking the chicken tenders instead of frying them :) Also, I could not find Panko bread crumbs, so I just toasted whole wheat bread and then put in a food processor to make crumbs.
Almond-crusted chicken tender salad
1/4 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1tsp freshly grated orange peel
1 lb chicken breast tenders
freshly ground black pepper
1T kikkoman Teriyaki marinade and Sauce
1/2 cup all purpse flour
1/2 cup Kikkoman Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup smoked almonds, finely chopped
3 T vegetable oil
6 cups mixed baby salad greens
2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
Whisk together teriyaki sauce, olive oil, honey vinegar and orange peel.
1. Season chicken tenders with pepper. Beat egg with teriyaki sauce in shallow bowl until well blended.
2. Place flour in shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and almonds in another shallow dish.
3. Dust both sides of chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with almond mixture.
4. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 T oil over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in center, turning over once and adding more oil as needed.
5. Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Arrange chicken and orange segments on greens. Serve with teriyaki-honey dressing